Sunday, February 24, 2013

new year, new resolutions.

wow. i seemed to update my blog everytime there's a festival/ special occasion..
gahaha.
.
it's the last day of chinese new year.
time to make new year resolutions.
(it's a bit late i know, i'm special like that.)
.
i've never really had resolutions,
simply because i don't have much to look forward to.
.
but then,
people grow,
so do dreams.
and dreams can't be achieved if no initiative is taken.
.
i've always complain about how i'm always stuck in penang,
being the unofficial island keeper (penjaga pulau).
always unhappy,
always moping about how unfair life is when my life is,
as a matter of fact,
a lot easier compared to the rest of the world.
i have to stop complaining,
and start appreciating my life, and my privileges.
something has to be done.
i have to stop chaining myself to this little island.
.
so i decided to start with something simple.
something...doable.
.
1) take more pictures.
why?
well.....why not?
we only live once.
i realized that we always keep the bad memories in our minds.
i also realized that cameras are about the only constant thing that we smile to.
it's nice to look back at those old photos and be reminded about how good my life really is.
.
2) wear more dresses.
there are not many reasons to why do i need to wear more dresses.
"you should wear clothes girls your age wear. don't wait till you're in your 40's to act like you're 18"- My Mum.
i'm a girl. i have a right to wear dresses and skirts.
.
3) go places and live my life to the fullest.
i'm young, i don't need to go to work, the government is paying me to study.
i should utilize my funds and my youth. while i still can.
.
4) be a better person.
because who doesn't want to be a better version of themselves.
.
happy chinese valentines day (chap goh meh).
throw some oranges into the ocean.
DON'T write your details and wishes on them with marker pens.
you should feed the fishes with your oranges, not poisoning them.
don't even think about finding a good husband by throwing oranges into the sea.
no man is dumb enough to go fish for those contaminated half-eaten oxidized fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment